Thursday, December 13, 2012

What Sweet Tooth?

Did I mention I have a serious sweet tooth? I feel like I have a lot to fill you in on, but today I kind of just want to jump right in to the NOW.

It's days before Christmas and my big corporate office is swimming with sinful treats. There's not a whole lot of work being done, but there's plenty of cheering, chatting, and chomping on whatever is in reach. Just yesterday I was greeted with this ridiculous site when walking to my desk.



I looked, I stopped, I checked the nutrition facts, and I kept moving. I kept moving right back to my desk where I knew I had this delicious diversion waiting for me: 


My best friend turned me on to these tricky treats a few months ago, and I am very very hooked. She does a low sugar, whole wheat diet and shares a lot of her amazing treats here. While I do what I can to avoid sugar alcohols as much as the real thing, this bar is packed with a protein blend that I can agree with as well as providing an alternative to a full sugar treat without breaking the calorie bank. Seriously, I feel like I get to eat a giant Reece's peanut butter cup for lunch every day.  I keep one of these at my desk at all times in case there's a tray of cupcakes going around the office that is hard to resist. 


When I do partake in the office indulgences, I try to bring my own healthier version. For our office Halloween Party I made these Mint Fudge Babies from dates and cashews. Not everyone appreciated my ingredients list and accompanying nutrition facts, but at the end of the day there were barely any left. Take that Walmart cupcakes!

So what's the point? The point is, I'm a sugar fiend. It's a big part of me that I fight every day, and there are a  lot of days when the little cookie monster inside me wins. Today I have sweets on the brain. Probably because I started my day with 3 shot blocks and a 6 mile run. But the fight will continue until my head hits the pillow. 

And then there's tomorrow. Friday. Weekends are tough enough as it is with my boyfriend so sweetly asking me to join him for breakfast and lunch out and dinner ordered in. Tomorrow also happens to be the kickoff of what seems like a marathon of Christmas parties. You know what you can count on being at Christmas parties...

I'll give you a recap of how I fare at these sugar-laden festivities. But in the meantime, thanks for stopping by and say hello to this special guy.



You'll be seeing a lot of him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment