Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Starting Somewhere

I guess there's no better place to start than right here. I've never been much of a journal keeper. In fact, I'm pretty awful at taking pictures and documenting what is happening in my life. I'm a bit intimidated when it comes to social media type things and technology that I don't completely understand. And I'm pretty new to the blog world. That should make this interesting...or it will make me better! Starting a blog is an idea I've tossed around for a few months. Almost two years ago my best friend started a food blog. She's done amazing things and has really inspired me to take a leap of my own. Since following her blog, I started slowly following a few other blogs until I got, well, here. I'm not quite sure of the direction or purpose, but as everything else in my life, those things will become clear in time.

There's been a heavy weight over the last few months. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but I'm pretty sure it is all somehow tied to a VERY big day coming up in May of next year. My 30th birthday (AHHHH!)

Shhhh! Don't say it out loud, then it becomes real.

I'm a little stressed about the upcoming birthday. Mostly because I always felt I would be somewhere else in life by this point. I've done a lot in my 29.5 years, but there's so much more I thought I would have accomplished by now.

For starters, I think I would like to make this a place where I explore all the excitement, adventures, and fears that are coming with this (quickly) approaching date. Even though I'm scared, I am taking BIG steps in my life right now to make that day less scary. I've already taken a few steps over the last 4 years that I'd like to share in upcoming posts: training for a marathon, my first half marathon, working with a personal trainer, committing to getting in to shape, changing my diet, a puppy, moving, a boyfriend, and a VERY big change in my life. Wait. Stop. Reverse that.

Maybe this will be just a place for me, or maybe you will like to check in now and then too. Either way, I'm sure it will be a journey and a learning process. What I can promise is lots of pictures (I am determined to get better about this!) lots of running updates, puppy pictures, and an easy/healthy recipe or two.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment